Menu

History

Electric CompanyLegendary Innovation

Guarantee Electrical helped demonstrate the miraculous applications of electricity to a global audience when they illuminated the 1904 World's Fair and "guaranteed" that an almost impossible job would be done right and done on time. Today, we continue to build on our legacy as a national leader in electrical engineering, preconstruction, construction, technology and project management. We’re helping to redefine the roles of electrical contracting in an age of ever-expanding technology and ever-evolving project delivery.

 
1902 

Guarantee Electrical Company is founded to electrify the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. The name “Guarantee” resulted from the unprecedented one-year installation warranty the seven founders offered World’s Fair organizers.


1926

Fred Oertli Sr., father of Guarantee, joins Guarantee as a laborer.


1928

Fred Oertli Sr. learns the principles of electricity and the National Electrical Code and becomes Guarantee’s one and only estimator. He attends Washington University in St. Louis at night to earn his degree in electrical engineering.


1942

The Emerson Electric Manufacturing Company selects Guarantee to perform a $2 million installation at its new turret plant to support the war effort at 8100 Florissant Avenue in St. Louis.


1949

Guarantee moves its offices from downtown St. Louis to 4161 Gravois in South St. Louis.


1955

Guarantee is awarded the Weldon Springs Atomic Energy facility and Granite City Steel’s $16 million hot strip mill installation.


1962

Guarantee is selected to perform electrical work for the 800,000-square-foot facility for McDonnell Aircraft Corporation’s “Gemini” program.


1962

Guarantee is a founding member of the Federated Electrical Contractors (FEC).


1981

Guarantee moves its headquarters to Bent Avenue Industrial Park in South St. Louis.


2002

Guarantee celebrates its 100th anniversary. 


2003

Guarantee acquires Denver-based Kimsey Electrical Contracting, including an industrial contract with Valero Oil Refinery in Benicia, California.


2004

Guarantee acquires St. Louis-based voice/data/video installer TEL-Vi Communications.


2005

Guarantee completes work on Alberici Constructors’ corporate headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and achieves LEED Platinum certification.


2005

Guarantee launches an employee ownership transfer plan, setting plans in motion for 100 percent transfer by 2012. It consists of two components – a Key Management Stock Purchase Program (KMSPP) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).


2009

Guarantee achieves record revenues of 180 million dollars, the ESOP becomes the largest single shareholder and Gary M. Neal is elected Chairman of the Board.


2010

The performance of Guarantee Electrical Company at a Metallurgical Coke Manufacturing/Heat Energy Recovery Facility built by SunCoke Energy in Granite City, Ill. earned Guarantee a 2010 Project of the Year citation for the Construction Keystone Awards competition, sponsored by the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of St. Louis.

Copyright 2017 by Guarantee Electrical Company